Fear. Hesitation. Lost.
That is how I described my first journey into Motherhood. Nothing went wrong, and nothing went right. I was just doing what was on the checklist not giving it a second thought.
Fast forward five years. I have a Son entering Kindergarten and growing life in my womb. I just knew I wanted to do it different this time; better! But how?
Enter, Doula. Months pass and a beautiful baby girl is born. How did I feel that time?
Excited. Eager. Supported.
Every time I walk into a clients home, I can feel the relief wash over them. I can see that they too are able to feel the full excitement of labor, the eagerness to hold their newly born child. I can hear that they feel supported and cared for above all else.
I'd be lying if I told you any other reason for why I became a Doula.
When I take off my Doula hat I am a crafter; easily swayed by a ball of yarn to spend just a few more minutes on a new sweater. I volunteer with Kitsap Babywearing International, I am the Assistant Superintendant of Foods and Nutrition with Kitsap County 4-H, and a board member of the Gilberton Community Club. I grow a modest garden highlighted with sunflowers, giant pumkins , and the cutest rex bunnies you'll ever see.
My husband, Chris, and I spend fall on the rivers fishing for gleaming silver salmon and meander through our beautiful forests. We have two sweet littles, that keep our hearts warm and schedule full.
Kogen, 7: soccer player, second grader, fishing extraordinaire
Lily, 2: extreme climber, chef, up and coming reader
Thank you for taking some time to get to know me and I look forward to meeting you!
**Currently enrolled and training with Childbirth International to certify for Birth and Postpartum Doula**
- June 2017 Birth doula apprenticeship with Kristina Kruzan
- January 2017 Neonatal Resuscitation, card holder
- October 2016 Birth Assistant Training with April Duggins
- June/July 2016 Birth doula apprenticeship with Crystal Gurney
- May 2016 Advanced Doula Training Placenta Encapsulation, Kendra Machen of Dahlia Mama
- May 2016 Kitsap Birth Doula Training, Carrie Kenner of Big Belly Services
- April 2016 Lactation Management for Doulas, Lactation Education Resources
Serving families of the Kitsap Peninsula