Welcome to The Modern Momma and thank you for being here!
was born from a desire to make a difference in our community. I feel that difference starts with families and helping them grow.
A doula serves as a support person and also a resource to our community. I hope that by creating a safe space for families to find and use their voice that we can better ourselves and our community.
It is a great honor that you would consider The Modern Momma as your birth or postpartum doula, or placenta specialist. I truly do enjoy working with growing families!
I was born and raised here in Bremerton, WA and now make my home with my family in scenic Brownsville. My husband and I have two beautiful children that keep life exciting, they remind me not to take everything so seriously. We enjoy playing peek-a-boo in the garden, baking muffins on rainy days, and collecting fresh eggs from our backyard chicken flock.
**Currently enrolled and training with Childbirth International to certify for Birth and Postpartum Doula**
- June 2017 Birth doula apprenticeship with Kristina Kruzan
- January 2017 Neonatal Resuscitation, card holder
- October 2016 Birth Assistant Training with April Duggins
- June/July 2016 Birth doula apprenticeship with Crystal Gurney
- May 2016 Advanced Doula Training Placenta Encapsulation, Kendra Machen of Dahlia Mama
- May 2016 Kitsap Birth Doula Training, Carrie Kenner of Big Belly Services
- April 2016 Lactation Management for Doulas, Lactation Education Resources
Serving families of the Kitsap Peninsula